Tuesday, November 10, 2009

TESTING AND NUMBERS

Since it's Diabetes month and becoming more active in my diabetic life I wanted to talk about my testing. I find myself testing ALOT.Probably more than I should.Sometimes it's like clockwork, I'll test first thing when I wake up,then again after several cups of coffee. Right before I eat lunch(whatever time that is), after,same for dinner and at bedtime(if I remember). There are bouts throughout the day I find myself testing more than usual due to either I feel funny or "just because"..

The area I really need to focus on is between meals and at night, I often forget & otherwise only test in I feel different. I really need to get better at this and the times, instead of worrying during my 2 hr time after eating.

Then there are times I may eat a later lunch or dinner and snack throughout the day,which throws me way off key. Not to mention breakfast.That's ALWAYS been my "missed" meal, even before becoming a diabetic. I've never been a big breakfast eater, plus, by the time I get my kids ready & off to school I either plum forget,get busy or it's too late.

Otherwise for the most part I do test pretty regularly, I just need to get my times better organized,both eating & testing. Overall my numbers have been fairly good I think. Now, I ALWAYS check for key-tones in my urine(paranoid I guess from too many ICU stays), with those handy little strips.

On a Great note, my A1c is the lowest it's ever been(drum roll please) 7.2!!! My last A1c was a 13.1(yikes), so in 3 months I went from that to this(thanks to all my lows). I would say that's pretty damn good,but all the lows are literally killing me. It's a catch 22, I have an awesome A1c,but way too many lows.Did I mention how much I hate lows? No, well..I do. They are making me more forgetful,drawing blanks and having brain farts(yes I said it). I don't like this at all. If I could just find a medium and having it stay there(which we all want & need), I would be so ever happy.

So all in all, I test more when at times I don't need to, less when at times I do need to, my A1c is way down and the lows are freaking my out man..My numbers like to bounce and I push and push myself to just keep on going.I could sure use a nap for about ,um a week(he-he). But that's not gonna happen so instead I"m deciding to keep on pushing and everyday,for me , is one more day closer to getting my diabetes under control and staying a Diabetic Survivor

Hence, my own design!!! You like?!!!!                                   








SO COME ON FELLOW SURVIVORS, LET'S KEEP IT UP!!!!

Here's to








IT'S OUR TIME!!!!! (My other design!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! A fantastic A1C, and a lot of hard work on your part. I've gotta say I hate Lows more than Highs SO much. I can't do anything when I'm low, with the highs I can still kinda funtion, heehee. Great Job, Keep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete