Sunday, October 11, 2009

Deciding Portion Sizes

For me deciding portion size is very frustrating. Does anyone else have a difficult time with this or is it just me? I know what all the books say, but when it comes down to not having a measuring cup handy out in public, that's when it get hard.

I've tried the fist measuring thing and the eye balling thing. But no matter how I try, I'm still not right. Either I eat too much and my blood sugar goes too high or I eat too little and my blood sugar drops to low. I enter in the carb ratio on my pump but without the correct serving size by a measuring cup it can go either way.

I want to know if anyone else has this problem? Or does any other fellow diabetics have a certain method they found that works for them. Please share and maybe we can all learn some new tricks to this ever confusing size control.

No comments:

Post a Comment