Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A letter to my children

This is a letter I wrote to my children a short time back.I felt like publishing it because it was my way of showing my love for them with diabetes in mind. One day when they are older, I will let them read it and by then they will fully be able to understand of of it.



My loves,ya'll will never know the depth of Love I have for you.

I'm so sorry you have to go thru this illness with me,
But grateful to my diabetes for making us stronger for it.

For understanding when mommy has a low,
And knowing to get my meter,when otherwise I can't.

Your so young to have to endure all of this,
But so smart to understand what the numbers mean and what to do.

I promise ya'll this, mommy WILL fight to be around for you.

I will Not let diabetes get me down.

I will have good days and bad,
But I will not let it interfer or make me miss any second of your life.

My loves,you are my focus.

Ya'll keep me going and staying strong.

I know this disease is apart of our life now and Always will be a family affair,
But with God's grace we WILL get thru this.

Just know that everday is a battle, Yes,

But the victory is this,

Being able to wake up each day, taking in a deep breathe, seeing your smiling faces, hearing the laughter of your voices, embracing you tightly, giving butterfly kisses all that I can and being able to give you a high 5 when you accomplished anything you set out to do.

So remember the song I sing to you and know that it's the truth.

"YOU are my sunshine, My ONLY sunshine,You make me happy when skies are gray, You'll Never know dear how much I love you,  Please don't take my sunshine away."

No comments:

Post a Comment